Sunday, April 28, 2013

We can't both be "doing me" at the same time

One of my major challenges is finding time to get to the things that I want to do, instead of always doing what is needed to do. 

Hubby works 6 days straight from before the sun rises and long after the sun sets, so that leaves me to deal with my 3 all by myself most days.  Naturally being a loner, most days are cool, but then you have these string of days that seem to leave you feeling soo frustrated and alone, that you wannna pull your hair out. 

What I want to point out is, even though, I dont leave my house somedays, I still have goals and ambitions.  These things never leave the spirit.  It's a part of my DNA, and it becomes a challenge when I want to get away to do some of the things I want.  Hell, this Blog is one of my dreams.  I have $500.00 sewing machine, fabric, and a cute sewing box, but still struggle with sitting down and sewing something more than just the top part of my dress. 

I guess the reason is: My duties to deal with my kids supercede my will to "do me".  Hubby can lock hisself for hours, even after a 16 hour day, but I can't even muster the energy to concentrate long enough to sew, write, or even think. 

I wish there were days when he is here that he would take part of some of the daily activities with the kids, make meals, or hell, sit and talk with me about ideas or dreams. 

To keep it real though, as much as being a power house is in me, I am dedicated to being a mom, and wife.  Honestly, "Doing Me" wont be for me no time soon, but I am gonna LEARN to enjoy it though. I will be able to catch my breathe again.  As we know, time don't stand still, and kids don't stay kids.

C



No comments:

Post a Comment